Friday, July 20, 2012

License Plate Bookends

I've gotten caught up in the Pinterest fad, but I actually make a lot of the things I see on Pinterest. Here's one of my favorites so far...and it was so simple! I wanted an easy way to keep my books staying upright when I go back to college in the fall. Using license plates was the perfect way to not only keep my books from falling all over, but also to show some hometown pride in my dorm room. Plus, these bookends aren't bulky, so I don't have to worry about taking up valuable shelf space.

I asked around for some old license plates. I ended up getting three pairs from a friend. If you don't have any generous friends, you can purchase license plates at any antique mall. The only step is to bend the plates. My dad did that for me with some handy tool, so quite honestly, I can't help you there. But I trust your ingenuity to figure out your own way. Here's the final product:



No comments:

Post a Comment