Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Refinished End Table {that I'm in love with}

All summer my goal has been to find a cute little bookshelf that I can have next to my bed when I go back to college in an attempt to make my dorm room as homey as possible this year. I'd seen several bookshelves that could work, but none of them really stuck with me...until this one. I watch a lot of wedding dress shows, so my mentality going into this search was that when I found "the one" I would know, I would just get this feeling down in my stomach that it was meant to be. That's what happened when I found this little jewel at an antique mall called the Big Red Barn in Bellows Falls, Vermont.
It was originally $39, but, with the help of my dad, we got them down to $28. He thought it was still too expensive, but I couldn't leave without taking it home with me. Although it's super cute in red, it doesn't really match any of my decor, so I found some paint that we already had to paint it a more neutral color that will stay with me throughout college and beyond. Here is the finished product, and it only cost me $28 plus a few hours of labor (of love!):


No comments:

Post a Comment