Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Handmade, Homemade Coasters

Yesterday morning I got to spend a few hours with my mom being all crafty and such. As I was looking through her fabric (see the next post to find out what I did with it!), she said, "I have something I think you'll have a lot of fun with!" She brought me this from her collection of antiques:
She said she was really only interested in the box, therefore I could have anything inside, and inside are a bunch of old Scrabble-like letters. I had an instant idea: make coasters for my dorm room (so I can protect my new end table from water stains!). All I needed was a hot glue gun and the letter blocks.
 I made four different coasters (oh, and those doilies? yup, they're coming with me too to use as more coasters).

(this is my roommate)

 I'm all for the five-minute craft, and this is about as easy as it gets.


No comments:

Post a Comment